F*** The System

My xerox project was largely inspired by all the b***s*** in the world today. For my project's background, I decided to copy a bunch of middle fingers growing up from the bottom of the page, almost like trees. It signifies how as I grow as a human in this society, and that as I grow, I realize more and more how much the world is messed up. On the top of the page, I copied a picture of my palm and fingers sprawled out like a high-five. My fingers signify the rays of light, almost like a sun is above the art. The hand signals in the middle spell out F-U-C-K  T-H-E  S-Y-S-T-E-M in American Sign Language(ASL). To make sure the signals stood out from the other hand signs, I outlined the letters in sharpie. The eyeballs signify how it seems like the government is always keeping an eye, and always a little too far in our business. My artwork was made in honor of all people wrongly accused of crimes, the families that have been seperated, people who don't have healthcare, people who aren't given equal rights, people who's houses have been taken away, people who are profiled, and anybody else
who the system has done wrong


Comments

Popular Posts