My project was inspired by a day about a week ago. I usually make an effort to hold the door for people, but I guess on this day people just weren’t in the brightest of moods. Two of the times were those moments when they’re almost too far to hold the door for, but you don’t want to be rude so you hold it anyway. Both times this happened, the person didn’t even acknowledge me. In my project, I am trying to show the contrast between negative interactions and how they effect people compared to positive. My project starts with clips of people not holding the door for one another. In the middle, I transition to more positive clips. You can notice the change to people holding the door for eachother, and thanking eachother. At the end, I placed the most positive clips, showing what seems to be the spreading of happiness to one another. You can see the kind act start from the first person, and then everyone after that holds the door for the next, even looking behind them to make sure the other person reaches the door - it’s not just coincidence, it seemed that seeing someone do a nice deed caused other people to follow. I made this project to show that people have started to take little acts of kindness for granted, and that if we all started with something small it would just spread around.

Here is my piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w85xcwzbmv0&t=21s


Comments

  1. I think this is a great concept for the project. I find our society can be either negative or positive by the way we chose to perceive it. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by how many people did not hold the door. But fortunately, an act of kindness usually inspires another.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts