When Raul explained his view that creativity has nothing to do with art or being intellectually
advanced, and more to do with how you "perceive nature in relation with your existence" it was especially interesting to me because I can relate so well to it. I'm not the most artistically talented, or the top in the classroom- but I have, since a kid, been an observer of nature, as well as of the people around me. I agree with Raul, and believe that technology is a big agent of depletion of creativity - if a kid focuses only on a little screen in front of them, they do not learn how to notice and understand the world around them. However, on the flip-side, I also believe that technology has the power to foster creativity in people. If someone grows up in a very small country town, they are most likely subject to picking up the ideals and values of the people there. With modern-day technology, their minds are allowed to expand due to the entire world effectively being at their fingertips. If we apply technology to our lives in an effective way and not get caught up in all the social media drama, it has the power to fuel creativity and curiosity.

Comments

Popular Posts