Is the Universe a Simulation?

There has been some talk recently about the world being a simulation. Although neither side of the argument can be proven, I personally believe that despite what a lot of people say, there is no simulation, and everything occuring today happens naturally. I read an article on The Guardian, named "Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than not". In 2003, a member of Oxford University named Nick Bostrom explained that "An advanced, post human civilization with vast computing power might choose to run simulations of their ancestors in the universe". Personally, I think this is all false. Although I do believe that there are other worlds far out in space, I don't think that anybody is running simulations. I think that is too technologically advanced. Bostrom's argument is that the people running these simulations are post-human, meaning they have evolved past humans in the evolution cycle. However, just like dinosaurs and mammoths, every cycle of life comes to an end. I believe that, just like dinosaurs, man's time will come. And it will be way before we create the technology to create an entire simulation world.

Comments

Popular Posts